Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Little Kingdom visits are currently limited to walking tours with all interactive materials removed. We look forward to restoring our interactive materials for our youngest patrons at the earliest possible time. Thanks for your patience!
Learn and Do
Experience a children's museum with an ancient twist! Take part in an archaeological dig, "live" in an ancient house, or "shop" in a Roman market area.
Tuesday Story Time will resume as soon as possible.
The Little Kingdom is open during normal museum hours. Special arrangements can be made with the museum for morning times.
Laws of the little kingdom
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in the Little Kingdom. Parents, please engage with your children and learn with them—you will have just as much fun as they will (bad cell service throughout the museum is a happy accident).
- The battles of the Little Kingdom were fought ages ago so today there is no need for: climbing walls to spot an approaching enemy, screaming battle cries, throwing weapons, or running.
- Please do not pillage (raid) the village. Keep items inside the Little Kingdom’s walls so daily life can continue as normal.
- Sometimes objects break and accidents happen. That is okay. Please alert museum personal if something needs to be removed.
- Destructive and mean play should not be tolerated within the interactive area and those caught acting in such a way will be exiled from the Little Kingdom. You will need to earn your way back.
- You’ve been spotted: For safety reasons, someone is always watching and you are being recorded on multiple cameras.